Friday, March 4, 2016

ASU Internship-week 3



              It’s been a while since I updated on my research, and I apologize for that. Don’t worry, I haven’t made a scientific breakthrough and there really isn’t much to update. Up to this point in the semester, I have been working on synthesizing the catalyst. Unfortunately, the catalyst I am working on is not something you can order online from a chemical manufacturer. In fact, professor Trovitch likes to point out that I have the world’s supply. Making it requires  time, there are  reactions that take more than 24 hours. However, thanks to the help of the graduate student that’s working with me, I am almost done. I know everyone wants more detail into the mechanism of the reactions. I am going to start working on writing them down with a chemical software I just downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment