Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Figure 1
I have had some major drawbacks along in my project. First of all, I didn't get the right results for my gram staining the first three times I did it. Josh eventually told me himself that I had gotten cocci (which I already knew) gram positive, because I needed to move on in my project. However, I told him that later on I would perform the gram staining once again in order to get the results on my own. In addition, the next step was to perform a Catalase test, and this came out positive. Afterwards, I performed a Glucose fermentation test (Figure 1), and once again this came out to be positive. After that, I had to do a MSA test, and I am going to check the results on Monday.  I also did the gram stain a fourth time, and finally I got the right results on my own!!! I am very happy, and can't wait to see the results for my MSA test on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment