I am starting to think that I should take a step back, and reflect on the way I am setting up my research. The good news is that I found a peer review article about a similar research project to mine. In this research, they collected various samples from ponds, and tried to evaluate the presence of algae strains useful for biofuel. However, their approach was to first find the optimal conditions for each algae strain, and then grow each strain using those conditions.
The problem with replicating the same experiment (with my samples)is that I don't have a lot of the materials and devices that they used. I might be able to replicate a part of their experiment, but I need to communicate this idea with Anil to see what he thinks.
I also have started to get a bit frustrated, because I realized that the algae samples that I have been growing have been under too many different conditions.I realized that if I want to have a solid experiment, I need to restart growing new samples.
I just need to sit down and evaluate the next step to take... WISH ME LUCK